Hey beginner skater! If you are keen to learn how to rollerblade or rollerskate and wish to learn in the privacy of your own home or a nearby quiet carpark – we’re now teaching private skating lessons via Zoom.
– a smooth area to roll about 5m x 5m
– a small high-friction surface that prevents you from rolling quickly (eg a rubber yoga mat, towel, or a small square tile of carpet)
– a reliable internet connection
– Bluetooth headphones (such as Apple AirPods) are essential.
– your own rollerskates or inline skates plus protective equipment including helmet
– Zoom application preferably installed on a laptop or iPad or larger smartphone (visibility is important) which will be recorded.
– Prior to booking, you will need to send pictures of your skating equipment (inline skates, knee pads, wrist guards and helmet).
– pictures of the area you propose to use so that your instructor can ascertain suitability and perform a risk assessment. The area needs to be free of obstacles and away from any sharp corners, etc.
– the actual Zoom lesson is 30 minutes in duration which will be followed up with tracking your progress (via your short videos sent via WhatsApp with detection and correction tips)
– your instructor James O’Connor is a qualified teacher who has worked in distance education with extensive experience teaching skating offline and online.
– for more details send me a message (iMessage or WhatsApp also) on +61411872022 mentioning ‘Zoom rollerblading or rolerskating lessons’